Getting Familiar with Dell Video Chat FAQ
Dell Video Chat - Menus
1. My Info – Click here to view and/or edit your
2. My Display Image – Click here to change your display image
3. My Messages - Click to view and/or listen to a Video or Voice mail messages left for you.
b. New Contacts – displays recent contacts added per your invitation and you have chatted with but are not in your contact list
c. Chat History – displays your chat history
d. Video Message History - displays video messages you have sent
5. Create a Video Message - Click here to create and send a Video Messages.
6. Call a Phone Number – Click here to make a phone call to anywhere in the world. Be it to a conventional phone in Chicago or a cell phone in Rome, Dell Video Chat’s award winning Voice over IP technology makes calling any one simple and incredibly inexpensive (Click here to see our phone out rates). You can also go here by clicking the Telephone Mini-Tab located under the Video & Voice Calls Tab.
7. Start a Multi-Party Chat – Click here to initiate Multi-Party Chat
8. End Chat – Click here to end your chat or call.
9. Sign Out – Click here to log out of your Dell Video Chat interface. Note* Logging out is a NOT the same as Exiting, Closing or minimizing. It is also important to note that closing or minimizing the Dell Video Chat Interface does not automatically log you out.
10. Exit - Click here to exit out of the Dell Video Chat interface. The exit function disengages the Dell Video Chat Interface completely. Note* Exiting Dell Video Chat automatically logs you out of the Interface.
1. Camera Settings – Click here to select your camera (Video input device), modify its settings, and run a speaker test.
2. Internet Connection Settings – Click here to specify what type of connection you have to the internet and run a network test
3. Speaker Settings – Click here to select your Speakers (audio output device), modify its settings and run a speaker test.
4. Microphone Settings – Click here to select your Microphone (audio input device), modify its settings and run a Microphone test.
5. Optional Settings – Click here to personalize and specify miscellaneous settings for your Dell Video Chat interface
6. Contact List – Contact List Preferences – Click here to edit your contact list display preferences
7. Change Language – Click here select or change your language in Dell Video Chat.
1. Online Help/FAQs – Click here access our Knowledge Base, Commonly asked questions and any type of help you may need in Dell Video Chat
2. About – Go here to find out what version (Build) of Dell Video Chat you are using
Dell Video Chat - Tabs
The Dell Video Chat – Video Tab (Main Screen)
• Dell Video Chat Menus
• Dell Video Chat Tabs
• Video Display
• Start a Multi-Party Chat – Click here to initiate Multi-Party Chat
• My Message Center – Click to view and/or listen to a Video or Voice mail messages left for you
• Display Name / Personal Options – This is your display name – the name the other sees you as while in a chat session. You can also change/manage the following personals options here:
a. Display Image
• Chat Status Bar – this displays your current chat status. You can also manually set your status here to:
• Add a Contact - Click here to add, delete or invite contacts to your contact list.
• Contact List – Displays all contacts you have added
• Invite a Friend option – Allows you to invite others to video chat with you
1. Dial Button – Click here to dial a number you’ve entered in the Phone Number Field
2. Previously Dial Numbers – Displays numbers you have recently dialed
3. Phone Number field – Enter the number you wish to dial here
4. Voice Call Dial Pad – Click here to dial the number you wish to call.
5. Save this number – allows you to save the number you’ve entered into the Phone Number Field
6. Buy a Phone Number – Allows you to purchase a Phone In Number or Phone In Service Credits
7. My Account Balance – displays your Phone out Balance and allows you to purchase Phone Out Service Credit
8. Calling Rates - Allows you to check the per minute calling rate for destinations all over the world.
With Dell Video Chat you have the option of chatting via Video, Voice, and Text with ease and simplicity. The Text tab is provides yet another way to do this.
One-to One Text Chat
2. You’ll see a text chat box appear on screen. You can immediately begin typing a message. The message will always display the names of those chatting and the time the message was sent.
Multi-Party Text Chat
2. Click “ + “ next to Contacts to add attendees from your Contact List to Multi-Party Chat. Then click “Begin Chat” to start your multi-party Chat
4. Speaker Settings – Click here to select your Speakers (audio output device), modify its settings and run a speaker test.
5. Microphone Settings – Click here to select your Microphone (audio input device), modify its settings and run a Microphone test.
6. Optional Settings – Click here to personalize and specify miscellaneous settings for your Dell Video Chat interface
7. Contact List – Contact List Preferences – Click here to edit your contact list display preferences
8. Change Language – Click here select or change your language in Dell Video Chat.
• In Call View (Default and Compact) – These are the functions and buttons available in call
a. Bandwith Strength Meter – denotes the in call bandwith received